Saturday, August 21, 2021

A Journey into coding

 One fine sunny day something caught my mother's attention. She got some information related to coding and she  explored the website and saw a team called little coders that gives coding lessons for free. Without any word she enrolled me in the class for two and a half months.

On our first lesson we introduced each other and all went well. Slowly we learned  computer terms like CPU, hardware, software and many other exciting terms. On the third class it was much more fun because we learned coding terms.

After few weeks we started block coding. There were activities like giving nectar  to bees and harvesting crops using codes. After three to four weeks our tutor told us that we will get the chance to design our own website using HTML and CSS.

We started learning HTML which stands for Hyper Text Markup Language and it is the language to create webpages. After one exciting week of learning HTML we learned CSS which stands for Cascading Style Sheet and it gives style to your webpage. You can add colors, change the font-style, add images and many exciting styles. I started designing my web page after few weeks. I made my webpage about common garden birds. I woke up early and stayed up late at night. I worked very hard.

Surprisingly, when team little coders declared three champions, I was one of them! I was shocked and thrilled to hear this wonderful news. Further during mid-term break little coders conducted a hackathon and I participated in this event. The team little coders asked us to design a web page about COVID-19.  I worked even more in this event and managed to design a web page. Again I was surprised by the result. I was again one of the three champions!  I would like to thank team little coders from the bottom of my heart and I would recommend learning the language of the computer (coding) as it is the language of the future.

These are my assignments

My First Assignment

Hackathon's Assignment


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Super-Power would be......

 Superpowers doesn’t exist but still many of us wish for it. Many kids would want to be like Batman! Spider-Man! Doctor Strange! But I would...